NjiviceNjivice, close to Omisalj, have always been part of the Omisalj Castle territory, as it is a part of the Omisalj municipality now. There was a settlement here back in antiquity. In written sources, Njivice was initially mentioned in 1474 in duke Ivan VII Frankopan's charter, but judging by archeological finds, the settlement itself is much older. In 1710, a settlement called "Villa di sasso bianco" or "Beli Kamik" is mentioned as existing in the vicinity of Njivice, but today only the toponym remains. Over the last few centuries, Njivice was merely a small village on the island of Krk, whose residents survived on fishing, olive groves, cattle breeding and forestry. Houses on the shore, small fishing boats and nets, and caskets full of fish merged into the image of Njivice as it used to be for centuries. 1930 is consudered to be the year tourism arrived in Njivice. This tourist town is the youngest parish on the island today. In the vicinity of Njivice, there is also a lake, one of only two on the island. It used to be a fishing area, but it has been turned into a freshwater source decades ago.
The following video is among the rare live streams that can be found on the internet depicting the current weather in Njivice, so you can always check it out live, in addition to the weather forecast at the bottom of the page.